Saturday, December 15, 2007

this weekend

So Susie made a comment on my last post wishing me an equally wonderful weekend (as far as amazing sex and all that). Unfortunately, I'm actually unable to get any (now that Aunt Flo is totally gone, too!)

First of all, the man has gone to Vancouver, BC with his brother for the day today. He's taking care of some family business there, so I wasn't invited along (2.5 hours both ways in a car with a brother you are very close with = plenty of time to talk about the sex we're finally having. Because everyone knew we weren't having sex. I have a blog instead lol).

Secondly, I work all day tomorrow.

And finally (and most importantly, because not much is going to deter me from getting the action I've been craving so badly), there is a 48 hour rule I have to follow.

This is my first gynocologist exam ever.... and it would be fair to say I'm a little nervous.

So 48 hours prior to your exam, you're not allowed to put ANYTHING inside your cooch. Not even feminine products, nothing. So there goes any plans I may have had for a fun sex-filled weekend (when we found the time to get naked and down to it).

And the actual exam is pretty scary... no one but my boyfriend has ever looked at/touched my girlie bits, and now there's going to be a serious intrusion on my privacy.

As a woman who has always dreamt of going into the medical profession, I have a profound respect for doctors and as a patient always try to be as easy-going and cooperative as possible. I want to be the sort of patient that I'd be happy to have myself.

Therefore I will suck up my nerves, take off my clothes, spread my legs, and gracefully allow a long, cold metal object to be shoved into me... in a completely non-sexual way.

I'll let you know how it goes.

2 comments:

Brunhilda said...

Aw, don't worry! It's not that bad, I promise. I don't like it, but it's just a matter of business that has to happen. Due to changing doctors/moving/a scare I had, I ended up getting three exams in one year, and now I'm a pro so you can take my word on that one.

The doctors have seen it all; this is his or her job.

Susie said...

It's really not that bad! I got my first one at age 15 (I had horible cramps and period issues and had to go on birth control) and I was scared out of my mind. Then I realized it was cake. Not fun obviously, but not horrible either.

It's good you're going :)